the faithful ramblings a late bloomer. . .

the faithful musings of a four letter word user on a quest for authenticity.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Here we go. . . the first post of the new year!

Oh, 2011, you devil you. Here you are. All full of hope and promise . . . unaware of my past sins and failure, and likely waiting for me to massively screw up in the year that you (eventually) were. What are we going to do this year, you and me? Where are we going to go? What are we going to see? More importantly, what is God going to do?

I already feel like I’m behind and it’s hardly begun. I’ve slacked off on my half marathon training, haven’t written anything for the blog in weeks and now that I somewhere I have to find the motivation to overcome the resistance in both instances.

Knowing that God has ordained all of this, I know he’ll help me out, but honestly right now I don’t “feel it”, any of it. What disturbs me most is that I don’t feel Jesus. My quiet time has bit the dust over the last few weeks and I’m definitely feeling the results. The good news is that I know that it’s just a rut and that somehow, if I lean on God, he will get me out it.

A month or two ago, I applied for a blog coach (myblogrocket.net) and am starting on that journey this week. With the marathon closing in on only 3 weeks away, I have no choice but to put on my running shoes later today and get out and pound the pavement. So, the good news is that I have some accountability to get out of the rut.

The next month is going to be crazy busy with running, writing, work being in full season and my Dad being in town, finally being able to spend some time in his new condo. I’m intimidated by it all but know that being stretched is where learning and growing can actually happen, and that is definitely where I want to be. Outside of my comfort zone and smack dab in the will of God.

So here’s to 2011, and all that she may bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment